- Snow Removal
- Street Sweeping
- Asphalt Maintenance
- Shoulder Mowing
- River Channel Maintenance
Pavement Management Program
The existing plan is very dynamic and is being updated regularly as road work is completed, roads are added, and road emergencies arise. Many roads have received much needed work in that last few years. The work completed from July 2017 to June 2020 is shown on the Completed Projects Map. The current plan for July 2020 to June 2021 is shown on the Current Projects Map.
As our plan grows we hope to expand the communities ability to look up and track road work city-wide on our website, so check in for updates.
American Fork City Snow Removal Policy
American Fork City strives to provide timely, efficient and cost effective snow and ice removal on its roadways. Each storm or weather event produces different variables which affect how we respond with our snow removal equipment. Snow Removal Ordinance (PDF)
Summing it up:
- In accordance with City ordinance, no parking is permitted on City streets from Nov.1st to Mar 31st when a measurable amount of snow has fallen and the street has not been plowed since the snow fell. City ordinance (PDF)
- Street plowing priority is based on the roads classification and usage intensity. Priority map
- City ordinance prohibits snow or ice removed from private property from being deposited in the public right-of-way. Snow Removal Ordinance (PDF)
- Salt is only used at intersections, on hills, in school zones or limited areas where deemed necessary.
- In subdivisions and cul-de-sacs, our plows focus on keeping a travel lane in each direction passable.
- It is not the policy of American Fork City to maintain bare pavement on City streets.
275 E. 200 N.
American Fork, UT 84003
Phone: (801) 854-5933
Emergency and after hours
Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The mission of the American Fork City Street Department is to provide the best service possible to the residents of American Fork. We will continually work to improve the quality of life for our residents by maintaining clean, safe, hazard-free roadways, while striving to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to citizen requests and concerns.