Public Works General Information


Public Works  

Address: 275 East 200 North
Pubilc Works Director: Dale E. Goodman
Phone: 763-3060
Fax: 763-3005

Visit us on Facebook or Twitter.      

The mission of American Fork City Public Works is to provide quality services to all of our residents by being diligent in the enforcement of wise engineering and construction practices.  We understand that our stewardship to the residents of American Fork extends beyond the present day and impacts the future quality of life for all of us.

     I         N         F         O         R         M         A         T         I         O        N

American Fork City Public Works field and shop crews are currently working 4 - 10 hour days Monday thru Thursday with the office hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 

2015 Pressurized Irrigation Water Conservation Measures

Now What About Those Irrigation Ditches? 
With the installation of the pressurized irrigation system, the use of ditches for flood irrigation has been greatly reduced. Some resident have expressed a desire to fill in the ditches that transverse their property.  Although these ditches may not be used regularly to convey flood irrigation turns they are still vital to American Fork City's storm drain system.  Therefore these ditches may not be filled it without prior approval of the City Engineer.  If you are interested in learning if your ditch is one of those that is still being utilized, complete the form that applies to you below and drop it by the Public Works office for the City Engineer to review.  He will review your information and determine whether this ditch can be designated as abandoned and filled in. You may also contact our office for more information.


Compost is available from Timpanogos Special Service District which is located at 5050 West 6400 North, Utah County. Compost is available Wednesday thru Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

50/50 Sidewalk & Curb Program

The 50/50 sidewalk and curb program works with property owners to pay 50% of the cost to replace existing sidewalk and curb on the public right-of-way which may have deteriorated or is lifting from tree root growth.  These funds are limited and anyone interested should contact Troy Warnick at 763-3050, ext. 354or by e-mail at

Application for Safe Sidewalk funding

Street Light Outages
Street light problems can be reported by calling the Engineering Department at 763-3060.   Most all street light poles will have a metal plate with an identification number attached to them.  When calling to report a problem, please have this number handy so that we can more easily accommodate your request


 TitleModified DateSize 
Street Tree Selection Guide - Adopted 20015/20/2014483.58 KBDownload
Sign Ordinance9/9/2014UnknownDownload
Fence Ordinance4/3/20121.50 MBDownload
   Standards & Specifications
 Announcements Minimize
   Bid Solicitations
 TitleSize Description
 Email Us Minimize



Map | Minutes and Agendas | Code Enforcement | RFPs | Jobs